DIY: The Christmas Wreath

Saturday 7 December 2019


Anything to get into the Christmas spirit and I am there. Listening to the Christmas playlists or albums, putting on a cosy Christmas film, putting on Christmas bedding, or even just getting the decorations out. I LOVE IT. This year I really wanted to make a Christmas wreath. The one that we usually put on the front door, is falling to pieces and it really is time to get a new one. Instead of buying one, I thought it would be lovely to hand craft one, which would make it more special and get me in the festive mood. There are so many wreath making classes available now, if you look for them. But they can get quite pricey. Most of these bits and pieces were found in a local garden centre and on amazon. Get creative, stick on those Christmas tunes and see what you can come up with!


Wire wreath ring £2
Christmas pine garland £5
Mistletoe sprigs £3
Pinecones £4.29
Florist Wire £1.99
Red Berries sprigs £1.50 each
Pear decoration £3


Being honest, I had no idea really what I was doing. But I think I managed to wing it! I started by wrapping the Christmas garland around the wire wreath ring, until it was all wrapped around and then 'fluffed' out the branches to make it look 'real'. 

I then used the floristry wire to secure the garland to the wire wreath ring. The wire really disguises itself in the garland, so don't worry about the wire being seen! 


Next I chose where I wanted to place the added decorations. Once I was happy, I wound the wire around the pieces to secure them in place and to attach them to the wire. When you have the desired amount of decorations in it, you're all ready to go! 

I am so happy with how it turned out, and now I want to make allllll of the Christmas diy's! It's so much more special creating something yourself. 


Would you ever make your own wreath?
Amber X

8 comments

  1. We have a wreath on the door for the first time ever this year and I love it so much! We bought one already made up though - and now I've seen this I really want to give it a go making one myself because how festive!! xx

    Georgia Rose | http://www.justgeorgiarose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find some really lovely ones - most garden centres have such a gorgeous display of wreaths! Definitely try making one, you can't go wrong!xx

      Delete
  2. Yes! I would make my own wreath, I was even considering going to wreath making classes but this is a much easier way to learn. Thanks for sharing!

    Seyi x

    www.seyioa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do one! I can imagine them being so much fun x

      Delete
  3. I have made one, and it's definitely one of my favourite Christmas decorations! It doesn't hurt that it's huge, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, doesn't even look like it's DIY...

    Happy New year 🎉


    Recently posted...Best Makeup Removers In India

    ReplyDelete

© amberatlanta. Design by FCD.