Staycation Staycation Staycation

Sunday 16 August 2020



- This post contains gifted items. Not obliged to post photos of the product. This post isn’t sponsored in any way -

I am sure that many of us are re-thinking our travel plans this year, and are deciding to stay closer to home, and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us. This week, Sam and I had some holiday from work, and decided to stay clear of Cornwall, and to travel to Devon for a little staycation.


It was beautiful. We were so lucky with the weather, which I swear never happens in the UK. It reached 32 degrees! Not going to lie, I was a little apprehensive about staying away from home, just because it was something that we haven't done in such a long time. However, it was nothing to worry about at all. We visited Salcombe on Monday, wondered through the small streets with shops, caught a ferry onto the other side of the water, and chilled on the beach for the afternoon. It was so peaceful watching the boats go past, although it was rather amusing watching them bash into each other and hearing "starboard" shouted at the top of their lungs to move out of the way of an incoming boat. We also visited, Overbeck, a National Trust site which was beautiful and had the most incredible views over Salcombe. We stayed overnight in Brixham and enjoyed a fish and chips takeaway by the sea, before a sunset stroll. We also visited another beach on the coast the next day - nothing like relaxing by the sea.

 
If you're thinking of venturing out and staying somewhere close to home, here are some words of advice that I would pass onto you, after our stay away this week.

Book in advance
Whether it be for eating out, or visiting any tourist attraction, it is essential to book in advance. A lot of places now are only letting visitors in that have pre-booked (National Trust sites are a must book), and it is worth doing it as far in advance as you can. Restaurants are also getting booked up quickly, so if you do a little bit of research before going and have you heart set on going somewhere specific, book in advance!

Bring a packed lunch
Bringing snacks for a long journey is never a bad thing. However, I have noticed that wherever you tend to go, there are queues. If you're not a fan of waiting in line, take some snacks with you to avoid this! Water is also an essential, especially when the weather has been so hot (fingers crossed that it lasts!), so pack enough just in case you get stuck in traffic or, if you're going on a long walk. Waterdrop, a tasty way to drink more water, have kindly given me a discount code to share with you all to celebrate the relaunch of Love, so you can enjoy their microdrinks and beautiful accessories. Use code "GIVELOVE" at checkout to receive £5 off on purchases over £25 on their website, until the 31st of August. 


Bring your face covering
It goes without saying at the moment, that wherever you go, you should carry one of these with you. It may surprise you when you may need one! Always best to take it just in case.

Have you booked a staycation? What're you thoughts on travelling at the moment?
Amber X

- This post contains gifted items, sent to me for my consideration with no obligation to post, but this by no means, has changed my thoughts or opinions. Full disclaimer on my 'about' page - 

10 comments

  1. Gosh so beautiful! I wish I had booked in those seaside holidays, it's quite difficult as I don't have a car, but would love to do one xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more than sure that a fair few beaches down in Cornwall are accessible by train! xx

      Delete
  2. I live about 30 mins from Brixham!

    https://www.emilyclareskinner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely down there! How lucky you are x

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful place, I need to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such a great advice and your photos are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/07/ysl-rouge-pur-couture-17-rose-dahlia.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how you dropped on with the weather, and I'm glad to hear you had a good time. Great advice, and I love your photos xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually booked to stay down in Devon too! I've not actually heard of those waterdrops before though!
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Devon, it's a lovely place. I love your photos and I hope you had a lovely time!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© amberatlanta. Design by FCD.