DIY Pinecone Garland

Saturday 21 December 2019


As you would have guessed by now, there has been a little running theme through out this month, concerning many Christmas craft posts.. I have been loving the crafting recently haha. Something about creating your own seasonal decorations has made me SO inspired. There were many pinecones left over from the ones that I brought to decorate my wreath with and I wanted to put them to some kind of use. This was my idea. A snowy white pinecone garland.


I headed to Pinterest for some inspiration. There are so many wonderful and different Christmas DIY ideas on Pinterest. Immerse yourself in all that it has to offer! I found this >one< super inspiring - the lady is a crafting genius. Mine is nothing worthy of comparison to hers, but if you're on a budget, or simply don't have the time to spend crafting all day, then my version may be of more interest to you. Here is how I created my pinecone garland.


The materials used were: the pinecones and florist wire brought to create my wreath, the string used to wrap presents in my previous post, and these cute tiny white bells that I found in a local craft store for £1. Bargain.

I firstly started by sorting through the pinecones, and picking the ones with the best base. After putting them aside, I used a screw driver to twist holes into the base of each pinecone. Using the florist wire, I created little wire hoops that fit into the base of each pinecone. I glued the wire hooks into the base of the pinecone, and left them to dry overnight. If you have any screw eye hooks, these would have worked better but I did what I could with what I had.


I then cut a length of twine, looped it through the wire hoops on a pinecone, and threaded the twine back on itself, through the hoop, so that the pinecone doesn't slide about the twine - it stays put. I repeated this next with a white bell either side of the pinecone, and repeated until I was happy with how it was looking. Place the pinecones and bells as far apart or as a close to each other as you would like, and add as many of these as you like! Go crazy or keep it subtle. Make it as long or as short as you like.


And voila. I decided to hang it on the headboard of my bed. It adds such a lovely Christmas touch to the room, but could also be used throughout the winter months, which lets be real, is what is going to happen haha. I love the subtlety of it. Very chuffed with my crafts (if you can't already tell haha!).

Have you done any Christmas crafting so far?
Amber X

4 comments

  1. This is such a cute idea! Thank you for sharing, Merry Christmas! xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Merry Christmas to you too xx

      Delete
  2. These look so cute! I'll have to save this for next Christmas, as they look perfect for that time of year. I hope you have an amazing 2020 xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Was sad to put it away with the rest of the Christmas decs xx

      Delete

© amberatlanta. Design by FCD.