Cheap and Cheerful Date / Day Out Ideas

Saturday 28 September 2019


Some situations that I have faced recently, have left me convinced that you don't always have to spend a lot of money, in order to have a good time. Whether it be days out with your partner, your friends or your family, there are so many things that you can plan and organise, that cost next to nothing, but leave you feeling full of happiness. Now that the summer is drawing to a close, dark nights are creeping in, mornings are getting colder. But there are still lots of things you can do with your time, that are so inexpensive. Here is my list of recommendations.

Picnics
Pack up your favourite food and drink bits, chuck them in a bag. Pack a blanket and some plastic plates and cups, and you're all ready to go. I'm sure there will be many places near to you that you may have overlooked, that would be perfect for a picnic. A hill with a view? A park near a lake? Or even, just on a bit of grass outside some city buildings make for the perfect picnic.

Be A Tourist In Your Own Town
Go for a little wander, see what you can find. There may be some hidden gems that you weren't to know about before. You never know what you may find. I did this a couple of weeks ago and it made me fall more in love with my immediate surroundings, and left me feeling grateful for where I call home.

Facebook
One thing that Facebook is good for, is seeing what is on in your local area. There are many different types of events advertised. Things like concerts, gigs, music venues holding specific nights, food festivals, fireworks. Pretty much most things. I went to an outdoor cinema last month, and that was super cheap and cheerful. Was a lovely evening and such a cool way to watch a film!

Walk
Go for a walk somewhere close to home and explore.

Road Trip
If you can, why not go for a road trip? Get a good spotify playlist going, one that you can sing along too. Open the windows and sing at the top of your lungs. Sometimes the best part about travelling or visiting a new place, is the journey that it takes getting there. That was always the case with school trips, driving too and from a place on the bus haha.

What are your favourite cheap and cheerful day out ideas?
Amber X

12 comments

  1. You're defo right about picnics, they are the best! One of my fav cheap dates is board games, not like monopoly (tho i do like that), actual adult ones that get you thinking! Recently played one called exit and its basically an escape room in a game it was so much fun!
    https://www.dxsired.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know the ones you mean! Although I love Monopoly too, but it just goes on and on haha. That sounds cool! I'll have to have a little look into some more board games!

      Delete
  2. Great ideas. You convinced me for taking a day out.
    https://www.lelandwest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I love the idea of going for a road trip, it seems like a great way to explore a new place and then having a walk when you get there to combine the ideas xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me! Anything to go out and about xx

      Delete
  4. Like many people, I enjoy visiting many scenic places and seeing what the surrounding areas have to offer. One of the best ways to have low cost family days out activity is by visiting a national park.

    https://helenegoldnadel.carbonmade.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1000%! I love that too. National Trust is great for that here in the UK!

      Delete
  5. Being a tourist in your own town is such a good thing to do! Love exploring new places x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© amberatlanta. Design by FCD.