The 1975 - Cardiff

Saturday 26 January 2019


Monday the 14th of January was spent in Cardiff, awaiting the presence of the one and only, Matty Healy, as well as his band members that make up The 1975. I love going to see music live, it's one of my favourite things. The atmosphere of the crowd, and with everyone singing along to the same songs - there is nothing quite like it. The 1975 have been a favourite of mine ever since the release of their first album. Do you ever have the experience where a song takes you back to a certain period in time, or to a certain place? Well, "Chocolate" was the first track of theirs that I ever listened too, and it reminds me of getting ready for school in the mornings. Waking up at stupid o'clock to ensure my hair was specifically styled the way I wanted it - with a HUGE front fringe, loads of back brushing and hairspray.. Tragic, I know. Please tell me I wasn't the only one who had hair like that back in the day?! Haha.


The 1975 were playing in Plymouth when I was in 1st year of university, but unfortunately, I couldn't get a hold of any tickets. So a promise was made that whenever they were next to tour, I would be there, in the crowd, singing along with the rest of them. And that's exactly what was done. Such an incredible performance, and band altogether. It was a pleasure. 


The Set List: 
  • The 1975
  • Give Yourself a Try
  • TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME
  • She's American
  • UGH!
  • Sincerity is Scary
  • Its Not Living (If It's Not With You) 
  • Loving Someone
  • The Ballad of Me and My Brain
  • A Change of Heart
  • Narcissist ft. No Rome (Whom were a supporting act, along with Pale Waves)
  • How To Draw / Petrichor
  • Robbers
  • fallingforyou
  • You
  • I Like America & America Likes Me
  • Somebody Else
  • Girls
  • I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)
  • Love It If We Made It
  • Be My Mistake
  • Chocolate
  • The Sound
  • Sex
Whose your favourite band? 
Amber X

2 comments

© amberatlanta. Design by FCD.