A Must Watch List For Disney +

Saturday 25 April 2020


A huge saving grace for many during the current climate, has got to be the release of Disney+, as well as Animal Crossing on the Nintendo Switch.. I have been seeing posts about both of these, all over social media at the moment. Although I don't have a Nintendo Switch or Animal Crossing, I thought I would share with you my favs from the Disney + line up. We have been pretty much watching a film from their collection, everyday and I have been loving it. Disney has been a fav of mine since I was little, and it's so nice to be able to share the magic of the films with the family too. 

The Simpsons
Particularly the earlier series. They're just brilliant. The humour and the randomness of the episodes is much better in the earlier series, in my opinion. Watching The Simpsons takes me back to my childhood, when Dad would cook tea for 6pm and we would sit in front of the telly and watch Channel 4 which always showed The Simpsons at 6. A good, easy watch thats for sure, and for all different ages. 

Finding Nemo 
A standout favourite of mine. Definitely my favourite Disney Pixar film. It follows the story of Marlin, a new father, who doesn't have the best start of parenthood. Nemo, Marlin's son is taken unexpectedly one day, and Marlin with the help of his new friend, Dory, set out venturing across the sea to hopefully find his young son. (But of course, I am hoping that you all have seen this film and don't need me to set the scene haha!). Again, another nostalgic one for me, I remember watching this film for the first time in the cinema, with my Dad, who had taken me as a treat. Picked me up from my childminders and let me pick my sweets. A close to heart film which at the time had many parallels to my own life. 



Beauty and The Beast Live Action Version
To be honest, I have loved watching the live action versions of the old classics, and in particular the live action version of Beauty and The Beast is my favourite. (The Lady and the Tramp live action version is amazing too. I would definitely recommend you all watching that also). I love how Emma Watson plays Belle, and the songs sound even better than I remember as a child. The story follows Belle, a young girl who lives with her Dad. Unfortunately Belle's Dad becomes entrapped by a beast after finding the castle, whilst being lost in the woods and hopes whoever lives there will be able to provide shelter, but to his horror, that isn't the case. The beast locks him up. However, the beast, who is actually a handsome, but arrogant prince has been put under a spell by a witch to make someone love him for who he is, not just for his looks. He has until the last petal on the enchanted rose drops to do so. Will Belle free her Dad? 

The Lizzie Maguire Movie
After visiting Rome last year with Sam, I told him then that we had to watch this film to see what parts of Rome were shown. I'm so glad that nearly a year later we have been able to watch this one! I have the most recollection of the film more than the show itself, and I have throughly loved rewatching them both. This film is up there with Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging, for me in terms of those great but really cheesy chick flicks. I mean who doesn't love this film?

What have you been watching on Disney +?
Amber X

3 comments

  1. Great choices! I love The Simpsons, but haven't got round to watching it on Disney Plus yet. The early seasons cannot be beat xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a must watch - you'll have to add it to your list! xx

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to get Disney+ for a while, I'm so glad Lizzle Maguire the movie is on there! I love that film! x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© amberatlanta. Design by FCD.