What You Need To Watch This Spring

Saturday 22 February 2020



I know it’s still not here, but the weather we have been having recently, has me thinking of the new season.. Spring may be the time to get out and explore all of the changes happening in our surroundings, but that doesn't mean that my love for staying in and binging a good Netflix series vanishes. If you, like me, will be doing so, here are some of my Netflix recommendations, if you haven't watched them already.

The Witcher
Something that I wasn't really excited about when I saw the trailers or knew that it was coming out. I just didn't think it was going to be a series that I enjoyed. Growing up, I never played the games or read the books, so I didn't really 100% know what to except. That being said, after having watched the first episode with Sam, who had played the games when he was younger, I was hooked! I needed to know all the ins and outs of the characters and what was going to happen. The way the series is set out can be quite confusing at first, but you soon realise that the timeline isn't the same for each story and that there are other stories wound into the main story. It typically follows Geralt of Rivia, played by Henry Cavill, who is a witcher. A person created for the sole purpose of killing monsters. It mainly follows his journey throughout the world where individuals he meets, seem more monstrous than the beasts he is hired to kill.

You Season 2
Sam and I rewatched You season 1 before boxing day, knowing that the second one was due out. Not only was the second series even more creepy and disturbing than the first, I think it was so much better. Joe Goldberg moves out of New York to LA, in the hope of a fresh start, away from the bad happenings that took place in New York. Little does he know, he's back to his usual tricks of stalking and initiating 'bumping' into people. Will it all catch up with him again? You'll have to watch it to find out. Couldn't recommend this one enough - it'll keep you at the edge of your seat and wanting to find out what weird plans Joe is conjuring up this time.


Sex Education Season 2
Sex education was a series that I tried to get into when the first season was released. I put it on, and after the first minute or so, I had to turn it off (if you know, then you know). I wasn't about to sit through a whole season after watching that first scene. I assumed it would all be like that, and it was a straight up no from me. That being said, when the second one was released and I had seen so many positive reviews online, I decided to give it another go. I absolutely loved it. Yes it is cheesey, cringey and some what uncomfortable in places, but that's what makes it so funny. The series follows Otis, whose mum is a sex therapist. Otis takes after his mum, giving out sex advice at school for money. Otis has never had a girlfriend, but is more than happy to solve other's sex issues. This is definitely a good one to put on, when you fancy a feel good series.

The Stranger
Out of all the above, the stranger is the one that I have watched most recently. It gave me Broadchurch vibes. If you're a fan of crime drama's, then you'll definitely enjoy this Netflix original. Again, it's another one the main characters in the story are unaware of little significant happenings to other characters, but all of the stories intertwine into one at the end. A stranger first appears at the local football club, telling Adam Price a secret about his wife. After confronting his wife, she goes missing. The same stranger turns up around town, telling others secrets that belong to their loved ones. Does Adam ever find out what has happened to his wife?

To All The Boys PS: I Still Love You
One that I adored the first time round. If you want a bit of cheese, a bit of cringe, and a little sprinkling of a chick flick/teen drama then this is 100% one for you. It follows Lara Jean, who in the first film, wrote 5 letters to boys she loved at the time, to get her feelings out. Little did she know, someone had sent the letters that she has no true intention of doing, and things get a little strange. 4 of those boys replied. She was left worrying about whether the last letter, had reached its recipient. Now things are going well for her and her true love Peter, does receiving a reply from the 5th boy, turn her head? It's such a good, cosy watch.

What's your favourite Netflix watch at the moment?
Amber X 

14 comments

  1. So many great shows here! I loved You season 2 and I'm already on countdown for the next season. The stranger is so good too, it's such a good show xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that one - bring me all the Joe Goldberg weirdness in another season! Glad you enjoyed it too xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard so much about You but I'm yet to try it! Thank you for the recommendations, I'm always looking for new things to watch xo

    MakeupMuddle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG sex education wasAMAZING they covered so many important htings! Wish it was around when I was a teen

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't they just! Yeah that's very true - instead we just had waterloo road haha

      Delete
  4. These sound like such great shows. I’ve heard good things about You but am yet to start watching it!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go - it's one of those shows that just gets you hooked!

      Delete
  5. I've heard The Witcher is additive, definitely one I want to check out. I watched You S2 in a day and I'm still obsessed, haha!

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been meaning to watch The Witcher as I always see it in social media! Looks like I might get hooked!

    Marie
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good recommendations! I'm currently bingewatching The Good Place.
    SkeletonWeirdo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since writing this, I have been watching Love is Blind! Would you recommend the good place?

      Delete

© amberatlanta. Design by FCD.