Balance

Saturday 18 August 2018


Not going to lie, these past couple of weeks I have found taking the time to sit down and write a blog post a real struggle. I know you've probably seen a million times, bloggers post about how they are lacking in inspiration, or motivation to sit and write something new. Or that they are burnt out, and when they try and force thoughts for content, nothing comes to mind. That isn't the case with me. In fact I have so many ideas written down, and tucked away. The creative side of me that comes up with content for my space here isn't dry at all. It's far from that. What I have been struggling with is actually finding the time to take a seat, write out a post, and photograph things the way I want too. I mean surely that's one of the best parts of blogging, am I right? I have been working full time ever since finishing University pretty much, and it's been hard to get time to write and photograph. My shifts aren't set, and vary depending on what the day is. I tend to start around mid-day and finish late in the evening. On my days off, I see friends or carry out chores I haven't been able to do on the days that I work etc, and before I know it, I'm back at work. I'm really missing writing and publishing content that I am truly happy with. I'm not one for posting something that is half assed, and not up to scratch. That's something I am going to stick too - if I don't find the time, then I am not going to write something for the sake of it, just so I have something to upload.

There is no real need to set a schedule for myself to stick too, or a timetable as such for each day to be able to fit in all I need to do. It's just not realistic, and I don't want to overdo it. Now I can truly understand when parents always say through gritted teeth "there is never enough hours in the day".  However, when I can, there will be something new posted on my little blog.. I seem to have stuck to a Saturday post for quite some time, and I'm not going to change that. Thank-you for understanding, I'll get myself back in order soon :-)

Do you find balancing full time work and your blog difficult? What tips would you give for someone who wants to balance the two better?
Amber X

4 comments

  1. I find it easier if I can stay ahead. When I feel like I have nothing to post, I struggle. If the pressure is off, and I have some posts scheduled. It's easier.

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty
    Instagram | Follow Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense! When I’m feeling it, I’ll have to make a bunch of posts.

      Delete

© amberatlanta. Design by FCD.